Monday 22 August 2011

Thing 13

Thing 13 is about Google Docs, Dropbox and wikis. My initial thoughts rather chime with Auntie Daniel. I also tend to use track changes and 'last updated' for version control. I also wonder about privacy issues but perhaps I'm wrong here - any fellow cpd23ers please do feel free to comment and correct me. Generally when I'm working on a document collaboratively it would not be ready for public release and would therefore remain private until completion and approval hence my query on this point. I'm sure there are situations where these tools could be useful but in the half hour I have to devote to this today I can't immediately think of it for me and my workplace! I am however always grateful to cpd23 for the opportunity to learn about these tools.

No comments:

Post a Comment