Friday 15 July 2011

Thing 5

Reflective practice hmmm... What have I got out of cpd23? hmmm... That's reflective practice for you - lots of hmmming! Seriously though I think in our busy world it's easy to lose sight of reflection, to not make it a part of our daily life. I think it's especially easy to fall into this habit when you have been in the same role for a while - check! Before I start sounding too philosophical I suppose Thing 5 has taught me that I probably should make time for reflection. I think it can be easy to think of reflective practice as quite a woolly concept so I especially liked the Thoughts on learning processes and other musings blog as it gave a very specific practical example of reflective practice. I like the idea of breaking the process down step-by-step and applying it to a situation. So there's one thing I've got out of cpd23, here, very briefly, are a few others:
  • Learnt how to set up a blog
  • Discovered the range of blogs out there, found some very useful and others very entertaining
  • Learnt how diverse one's presence on the Internet can be and that the top link about you retrieved by a search engine may not be what you expect
  • Has reinforced for me the value of cpd and taking a little time to focus on this can yield surprisingly significant results. I have only devoted an hour or so to cpd23 each week and yet I have learnt, read and done so much in such a short space of time.
  • It has also been a good experience so far learning with so many others at the same time, and finding that there are lots of people out there, who like me want to brush up on their web 2.0 skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment